To enabled Direct Routing you must meet the following DNS Requirements:
- Each SBC must be assigned a FQDN from a registered domain name of the tenant.
- You can not use the onmicrosoft.com domain.
- You should not use sip.domainname eg sip.directrouting.guide.
- The SBC can service users from any Registed Domain Name.
- If provisionuing a new domain if Office365, it can take up to 24 hours before it can be used with the SBC.
Example SBC Domain Name
Quick Tip : Each SBC must have a unique Public DNS address.
Direct Routing Explained
The Direct Routing Cheat Sheet is a condensed overview to planning and deployment of Direct Routing in Microsoft Teams.